Looking for your first internship or job can be intimidating and stressful - even when things are going well! Securing employment takes hard work, and DSUS is committed to helping you navigate this process successfully. To support you in your career goals, we provide Career Services and the Career Accelerator Program (CAP). At this time, only Data Science-declared Juniors and Seniors are eligible for these services.
Current career services include:
- Regular office hours for help with resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles.
- Skills workshops for interviewing, networking, and negotiating offers
- Job search teams to help encourage and keep you accountable during your search
- Industry & non-profit guest speaker series
- Data Science Career Round-Up Newsletter (available to all students)
What is the Data Science Career Accelerator Program (CAP)?
If you are a student who could benefit from additional support during your job/internship search, or as you begin your new internship or career, we encourage you to consider enrolling in a CAP class! There are two courses currently part of CAP:
- Career Search Strategies (1 unit, P/NP) - This course is offered to assist data science students in their career preparation efforts. It is designed to encourage and to help you prepare for and execute your career search - from resumes to negotiating your salary. It will highlight relevant resources on campus and industry, and will help you in building your community.
- Elements of Workplace Success (1 unit, P/NP) - This course will introduce you to the non-technical dimensions of success that will support your career advancement and help you become a great employee and a future leader. Coursework will focus on self-awareness, communication, and understanding organizational structures and systems.
Who is eligible to enroll in a CAP course?
All active, declared Data Science students who have completed Data 100 or plan to take it concurrently with a CAP course, are eligible to enroll in a CAP course.
Can I take more than one CAP course?
Yes! It is possible to take both courses in separate semesters, or during the same semester.
How do I enroll in a CAP course?
If you are interested in enrolling in a CAP course in an upcoming semester, please visit classes.berkeley.edu to learn more about enrollment priorities and restrictions. If you'd like to enroll, please add yourself to the waitlist and you will be sent a brief survey to fill out. We aim to notify students of their enrollment status by the end of Phase II.
Questions about DS Career Services and/or CAP? Please contact Amanda Dillon at email@example.com.