Data Science Undergraduate Studies offers a BA and a minor in Data Science, as well as some of the most popular classes on campus including Data C8. Learn more!
Data Science Advisors are here to help you navigate UC Berkeley and make the most of your college experience. Come meet us!
Data Science Undergraduate Studies provides a diverse range of opportunities for students of all majors to engage and lead in data science. Get involved!
We empower hundreds of students each semester to help develop curriculum, take on substantive research, and prepare for future careers in data science. Join us!
We offer a diverse range of opportunities for undergraduates interested in exploring the fast-growing field of data science.
Key Features of Data Science Undergraduate Studies:
- Depth: Our program draws on the University’s world-leading scholars in computer science, statistics, and a range of other disciplines.
- Integration: We offer data science curricula in the context of courses spanning the humanities and social and natural sciences, mirroring the cross-cutting nature of data science.
- Impact: Students and researchers tackle real-world problems and grapple with the societal, human, and political ramifications of data science.
- Engagement: Hundreds of students every semester engage as full partners in curriculum design, research, advising, and communications.
- Leadership: We provide resources on our curriculum and educational approach to educational institutions around the world through workshops, open source materials, and other collaborations.
Data Science Information Sessions
Watch recordings of our Cal Week presentations on the data science major, minor, and other aspects of the data science education program.
Spring 2019 Commencement Video