California State University
Working groups: Funding Sources for Data Science Initiatives, Standard Requirements for DS Curriculum, Transfer Model Curriculum, Associates Degree for Transfer in DS
- Tracking new data science offerings at various campuses
NSF HDR Grants
- Central Coast Data Science Partnership - Cal Poly, UCSB, California State University, San Bernardino (CSUSB) and SBCC
- Data Science Training and Practices - UC Irvine, California State University at Fullerton, and Cypress College
- Data Science Career Pathways in the Inland Empire - UC Riverside, CSU San Bernardino, Riverside Community College
University of California
Mapping majors and proposed majors in the UC system
Pilot Infrastructure Collaboration
Working with 2i2c and NSF Cloudbank to pilot the provision of Juptyerhubs for new instructors at community colleges.
California Learning Lab
We have met and started discussions with California Learning Lab as they launched a Grand Challenge for Data Science.
California Community Colleges
Capacity building for instructors- Developing community of practice workshops among community colleges.
- Creating new pathways- Organizing regular update meetings where CCCs can present and answer questions on DS transfer pathways they’ve built, crafting guidelines.
- Supporting course articulation- Creating resources on standardized requirements for a course to articulate. Connecting faculty with policymakers like UCOP and CSUCO.
New Course Articulation
- Mapping processes involved in course articulation, registering in CID, inclusion in IGETC.
- Connecting faculty with policymakers like UCOP and CSUCO.
Community of Practice
Developing community of practice workshops among community colleges.