Division of Data Sciences supports efforts led by students to help foster community for students.
Data Science Nexus, an alliance of data science student groups was sparked by the rising number of courses across all disciplines using data science as a core skill set. Many student clubs have developed to support the needs of the undergraduate data science community including workshops, peer consulting, and community space.
The Data Science Nexus currently includes these student groups:
- Data Science Society at Berkeley (DSSB)
- Eta Kappa Nu (HKN)
- Computer Science Mentors (CSM)
- Upsilon Pi Epsilon (UPE)
- Haas Data Science Club(link is external)
- Career Development Initiative for the Physical Science (CDIPS)
- Graduate Data Science Organization
- Cal Actuarial League
- Statistics Graduate Student Association (SGSA)
- Machine Learning at Berkeley (ML@B)
- Statistics Undergraduate Student Association (SUSA)
- Sports Analytics Group at Berkeley (SAGB)
- Cognitive Science Student Association (CSSA)
For questions regarding the Data Science Nexus Community please email Violet Sinnarkar (email@example.com)
Data + Digital Research Help Peer Consulting Program
Data Science Nexus members also contribute to the Data + Digital Research Help Program by serving as peer consultants. Learn more about it by visiting the Data + Digital Research Help Peer Consultant page.