Data 8 satisfies stats requirements across campus
The four-unit foundational Data Science course, Foundations of Data Science, or Data 8 ((COMPSCI / INFO / STAT C8), satisfies the L&S Quantitative Reasoning requirement and the statistics requirement in most majors that require statistics.
Majors that accept Data 8 to satisfy statistics requirements:
- Business Administration (Stat 88 also required)
- Conservation & Resource Studies
- Development Studies
- Economics (Stat 88 also required)
- Genetics & Plant Biology
- Global Studies
- Legal Studies
- Microbial Biology
- Molecular Environ Biology (under ESPM)
- Nutritional Science-Molecular Toxicology
- Nutritional Science-Physiology & Metabolism
- Political Economy
- Social Welfare
- Society and Environment
- Sustainable Environ Design
- Urban Studies
The following are the only majors with a statistics requirement that do not yet accept Data 8.
- Environ Econ & Policy
- Nutritional Science - Dietetics
- Public Health
- CS/INFO/STAT C8: Foundations of Data Science (4) is highly encouraged for Public Health students. This course may be a required prerequisite in the future.